Led Zeppelin First Three Albums Newly Remastered With Previously Unreleased Companion Audio
Some of my favorite albums as a teen, Led Zeppelin has announce the reissue of their entire catalog, with bonus audio and deluxe packaging. The first three albums are available in early June:
"With the June 3 release of deluxe editions of Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin II, and Led Zeppelin III, the band will launch an extensive reissue program of all nine of its studio albums in chronological order, each remastered by guitarist and producer Jimmy Page. Led Zeppelin will also open its vaults to share dozens of unheard studio and live recordings, with each album featuring a second disc of companion audio comprised entirely of unreleased music related to that album.
"The material on the companion discs presents a portal to the time of the recording of Led Zeppelin,” says Page. “It is a selection of work in progress with rough mixes, backing tracks, alternate versions, and new material recorded at the time.”
Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin II, and Led Zeppelin III will each be available June 3 from Atlantic/Swan Song in the following formats:
· Single CD – Remastered album packaged in a gatefold card wallet.
· Deluxe Edition (2CD) – Remastered album, plus a second disc of unreleased companion audio.
· Single LP – Remastered album on 180-gram vinyl, packaged in a sleeve that replicates the LP’s first pressing in exacting detail. (For example, III will feature the original wheel and die cut holes.)
· Deluxe Edition Vinyl – Remastered album and unreleased companion audio on 180-gram vinyl.
· Digital Download – Remastered album and companion audio will both be available.
· Super Deluxe Boxed Set"